The Hartford UAV Challenge will take place at Dillon Stadium in Hartford, CT on Saturday, May 21st, 2016 with a rain date on Sunday, May 22nd, 2016.
The Hartford UAV Challenge will feature three different course concepts: A speed course, the freestyle course, and the environmental course.
Speed Course – Pilots will be flying in heats of 5 for intense aerial maneuvering as they navigate a track of gates at speeds of up to 100kph!
Freestyle Course – Described as Aerial Figure Skating. This is an entirely new sport – show them what you’ve got.
Environmental Course – A series of obstacles simulating difficult environmental conditions a UAV might encounter in the wild ranging from strong winds and rain to electromagnetic interference and tight maneuvering. Pilots are scored based on the number of obstacles they complete and then by the time it took to complete it.
- 8:00 AM – Event Setup Time
- 9:00 AM – Vendor setup Begins
- 10:00 AM – Pilot Registration and Practice Heats Begin
- 11:45 AM – Official Pilot Safety Briefing – All Pilots Must Attend
- Noon – Opening Ceremonies
- 12:30 – Speakers Begin in Speaker Tent
- 3:30 PM – Awards and Closing Ceremonies
- 4:00 PM – Event Ends and Breakdown Begins